Request Legal Assistance
Who We Serve
We serve on the front lines, helping low-income artists and small arts and cultural organizations resolve their legal problems on a pro bono and low cost basis through a range of services:
Core Pro Bono Legal Services: Our experienced and passionate volunteer attorney base is available to arts clients who meet our budget and income requirements
- Legal Lines: Call us for a no cost and confidential, one-time telephone consultation with a volunteer attorney on an arts-related legal issue.
- ArtFax: If you need a short document reviewed, our lawyers provide feedback to clients on legal documents up to three pages in length
- Full Service Representation: PVLA volunteer lawyers take on cases for artists and arts and cultural organizations pro-bono, subject to all of the ethical and other requirements of any attorney-client relationship.
Alternative Services: If for any reason a core pro bono legal service is not a good fit for a client
- Courtesy Attorney List: PVLA will issue a list of several attorneys who you may call to arrange a reduced-fee relationship
- Educatonal Materials: Inquire about having arts-related legal education materials sent to you
- Agency Referrals: We would be happy to refer a client to another local or national agency that may be a better fit
Service Application Process
Our PVLA service application process includes proof of income documents and a nonrefundable application fee. These materials are only required if an artist or arts or cultural organization would like to apply to be matched to an attorney for pro bono legal representation or advice. These materials are unnecessary for those clients who would like to request a referral list or educational materials. Application fees may be waived upon showing of hardship.
For more details on our applicaton process, please contact us.
→ PVLA Application Fee Hardship Policy and Waiver (pdf)
Contact Miriam Dechant, Esq., Director of PVLA, at 215.790.3822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts is presented
with Producer Circle Support by:
Additional Support is provided by PVLA Program Partners: