Become a Volunteer
Do you want to use your expertise to greatly impact an area of need for many arts organizations? If so, then join the Technology Connectors team! Technology professionals who participate in the program expand their skills and professional networks while lending much-needed and valued support to our cultural community.
Benefits of volunteering
- Strengthen your leadership skills by spearheading a technology capacity-improvement project.
- Broaden the scope of your skills by channeling them into a creative arena.
- Make a positive difference in the community.
- Become a part of the Council’s community of volunteers; join the Council for networking and “backstage” events at some of the most exciting arts and cultural venues in the region.
Should you be a Technology Volunteer?
We are always looking for technology professionals with a wide range of expertise—from hands-on project help to strategic planning and project management.
The ideal volunteer has technology expertise in at least one specific area and possesses creativity, initiative and flexibility about working in new environments.
Types of projects include:
- Technical Readiness-Assess an arts or cultural group’s existing technology infrastructure and develop a roadmap for its improvement.
- Strategic Technology Planning- Develop a detailed IT plan aligned with business goals for groups that have completed Technical Readiness or possess a stable, current technology infrastructure.
- Implementation-Planning and/or execution oversight of a specific technology driven project.
As a Technology Connectors volunteer, you may choose the role that best fits your expertise and available time. Our volunteer roles include:
|Project Leader||Guide an arts group through a technology project.||5-10 hours per month|
|Subject Matter Expert (SME)||Provide assistance as needed on a specific area of technology (i.e. CRM, web design and development, networking, etc.) that fits your expertise.||As needed|
|Workshop Faculty||Participate in a workshop or webinar.||As needed|
Once you become a member of our volunteer community, you’ll be invited to special arts events and educational forums presented by the Arts & Business Council.
How to Apply
You can apply online.
- Just complete the application form.
- After we receive your application, we will contact you to discuss your interests and skills, so we can identify a volunteer project with an arts organization that can take advantage of your particular skills, interests and availability.
- Once accepted into the program, you must attend an orientation session where you will learn how to become an effective volunteer technology consultant.
There is a training fee of $250 per participant. Many companies subsidize this fee, recognizing that having employees involved as Technology Connectors volunteers offers both professional development opportunities and a way to enhance the company's presence in the community.
Contact Tracey Sisko, Director of Technology Connectors, at 215.790.3838 or email@example.com.
Technology Connectors is presented
with Producer Circle Support by: