Become a Volunteer
Do you want to use your expertise to greatly impact an area of need for many arts organizations? If so, then join the Technology Connectors team! Technology professionals who participate in the program expand their skills and professional networks while lending much-needed and valued support to our cultural community.
Benefits of volunteering
- Receive orientation and gain access to resources that will help you succeed as a volunteer consultant.
- Apply and stretch your business knowledge by working in a new environment.
- Develop your management, consulting and problem-solving skills.
- Create a substantial, long-term impact on an arts organization.
- Meet like-minded people who share an interest in the arts.
Should you be a Technology Volunteer?
We are always looking for technology professionals with a wide range of expertise—from hands-on project help to strategic planning and project management.
The ideal volunteer has technology expertise in at least one specific area and possesses creativity, initiative and flexibility about working in new environments.
How to Apply
- You can apply online. Before you begin, please be sure you have an updated resume available electronically—you will be prompted to upload your resume into the application.
- Once we receive your application, we will contact you to schedule an interview to discuss your interests and skills as they relate to Technology Connectors.
- Once accepted into the program, you will participate in half day orientation session to learn about issues facing nonprofit arts and cultural organizations and to prepare you to be an effective consultant in an arts setting.
- After you've completed the training session, we'll place you with an arts organization with a clearly defined project that aligns with your area of expertise. We'll stay in touch with you throughout the project, offering counsel and resources to help you succeed.
orientation Date and Location
Technology Connectors orientations are held three times during our September to June program year. Our next orientation will be on:
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce
200 South Broad Street, Suite 700, Philadelphia, PA 19102
If you cannot make the Spring session, orientations will also be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
The orientation program includes an overview of the region’s cultural landscape, panel discussions with arts managers and active technology volunteers and opportunities to practice your consulting skills through case studies and role-playing exercises.
There is a training fee of $250 per participant. Many companies subsidize this fee, recognizing that having employees involved as Technology Connectors volunteers offers both professional development opportunities and a way to enhance the company's presence in the community.
Contact Eileen Cunniffe, Director, Business + Technology Services, at 215.790.3621 or email@example.com.